Hello parents, students, and influencers
As I reflect on the packages that were submitted this year I want to share some insights.
- It is never good to start by sending your package with postage due to the selector. Seems obvious but I got two.
- It is never good to send a package that is incomplete.
- Never assume your selection committee knows what your club’s accomplish. Don’t just write FFA or even volleyball? What did you accomplish, how long were you involved? And were you just the volleyball?
- An essay does not mean a paragraph, no matter how long? Students how long is a paragraph? What is the least amount of paragraphs to make up an essay?
- Letters of recommendations should be personal. How long and how did they know you? They should also be signed.
- Finally, if your scholarship coordinator calls you to fix an issue, that means you are a contender. Fix the issue promptly.